Friday, August 15, 2008

Faux Hawk


So I think I have too much time/mousse on my hands. I decided that I would encourage my little anarchist by giving him his first mohawk. I think I might make this his new sunday hairdo. That should go over well. Especially after last Sunday when I nearly broke into laughter as they discussed how evil Diet Coke is or is not. The RS presidency noticed my smirk and since I have not been exactly active they were a little concerned and even checked with me after church to make sure I wasn't too offended. I wasn't offended at all I just found it humorous that of all the things to worry about that is what they picked. When I am looking over my list of shortcomings/sins I don't even have enough room left to consider caffeine consumption. Luckily I am on what is called the "slow track" when it comes to mormonism so I am still acceptable, at least according to my assesment.

3 comments:

Liz B said...

I love it! I would definitely do it that way for church. "Normal" people will think it is adorable.

Jamie said...

That boy sure is a cutie. I'm glad I have been in either primary or YW for the last few years. One time in RS we got a lecture about being seen outside in our work-out clothes which is a big no no. Of coarse I was the only one who mowed the lawn in a tank top and short shorts. I think i'm going to hell!

Cass said...

Love the boy, the hair, and the comment about "too much mousse and time on your hands"! It brought up a strange memory. I think you (and maybe Jamie) were with me at the mall in about 7th grade and a lady at Bath and Body (or some such store) just came up to me and put a glob of mousse in my hair. She was doing samples of it. Didn't ask or anything. Just put a bunch of mousse in my bangs and walked off. It smelled awful and my hair looked like Cameron Diaz's in 'Something about Mary' for the rest of the day--only I'm not as cute so I didn't pull off the look nearly as well! Oh the random things we do to each other.:) Anyway, to get back on track...

About Mormonism, if you want to be there at all, I say you are acceptable. And, if DC were all we had to worry about, I would be doing a happy jig all the way to the chapel (after sleeping in and missing a big chunk of the first meeting). You're great.