Thursday, May 21, 2009

Party Time

I am throwing a big family Bday party for Griff this weekend so hopefully I will have some pictures to post. I tell you what, he is only 2 and I am already going crazy with his parties. I am trying to do a Curious George theme. Not the easiest theme because there isn't hardly anything out there. I have checked everywhere for a Curious George cake and no one has one or even a cake pan. I finally got smart and looked up cake toppers online and found one that was $3 of course it was another $15 to ship and I am getting too close to the deadline so I am going to make one. The fact that I am making the cake is hillarious because I don't decorate cakes. I suck with frosting. But it should be an interesting endeavor.
I just got back from Costco and Harmons and I do not recommend going there the Thursday before Memorial Day. It was a mad house. So here's praying that we all survive the weekend :)

1 comment:

Sherron said...

I use to stress out over birthday parties too. I loved planning a theme and the cake, but after a few years of stress and a few too many naughty words exclaimed by me during the preparation, I decided that I would take it down a notch.
The boys really didn't care about the decorations or the theme. They just wanted friends and presents. Probably not in that order.
It is easier to be generic when they are older, too, I think. Little kids really get excited about a Scooby Doo cake, or a train cake, but then they don't really eat it. (or get upset when you cut their cake!)
I hope that your weekend went well. Beautiful weather for a party!