Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pain in the...

I have a horrible pain in the knee. How did I injure it you ask? Did I try to run a 5K. Was I hiking. Was I running to save a little puppy that was about to get run over? No ! I did it by kneeling down to help Griffen go to bed. I even said a prayer. So basically I hurt my knee praying. How old and decrepit do you have to be to injure your knee praying.
Being out of shape and old is really a pain in the butt. I swear that everyday I find a new joint that hurts. I feel like I am in my eighties and not my thirties. I sound like a little grandma saying oi my aching back my aching knee.
My new favorite hobby is to explain to the girls in my young womens all the lovely things they have to look forward to with getting older. Like finding random whiskers on your chin or realizing that what you wore in high school is hip again because it is now considered retro. My favorite is how many moles and skin tags I am growing. On top of that I have more pimples now then I did when I was a teenager. What the heck is up with that. I have noticed that as far as a metabolism I have none. If I look at food I gain weight.
I hoping that when I hit my forties I will discover the fabulous forties are the new twenties. Oh lets hope. Otherwise I will be driving around in my jazzy moaning oh my aching body.

1 comment:

Sherron said...

Whenever my body creeks or snaps or whenever someone talks about their joints making noises, I think about a comment you made on Facebook and I laugh and laugh. Do you remember saying that you could be an exotic dancer for the blind? Seriously that was one of the funniest things I have ever heard! My husband and I joke now when someone's joint snaps that they are just training for their night job! Ha ha ha!